“Hey! I don’t know about you but I’m feeling 22”.. Haha, for all my T swift fans…
Hey there, how are you? Hope you’re doing well.
Turning over another page of the calendar is a bitter sweet feeling, as we say goodbye to April and look ahead on a fresh month.. Just me or does it feel like time has been flying by? I was always told the older you get the faster life goes bye, and this is the first time I’ve realized that is true. April was my birthday month ( yes, I’m an Aries) I decided it would be appropriate to write 22 things I’ve learned at 22.
- Drink Lots of water… this may sound like something that is common knowledge but up until this past year I hardly ever drank any water.. but now I’ve made it my new goal to drink at least 8 cups a day! Its amazing what it will do for you skin, and body.
- Make a Budget AND follow it. This is easier said than done. Especially if you’re like me and this whole adulating thing is new too you.. this being said. One thing I have learned about budgeting is always allow room for unseen expenses and “fun” fund.
- Talk less and Listen more… its amazing what you can learn from other people
- Be Patient… this something I’ve always struggled with, be patient in a restaurant while you wait for your food, be patient with other people, be patient and wait for life to unfold before you. Instant gratification isn’t always key.. just slow down, what are you rushing forrrrr
- When you think you’ve blended your makeup enough.. KEEP BLENDING.. my beauty kings and queens out there know what I’m talking out!!
- Exfoliating will change your skin dramatically. I will be talking on this further in a post coming up soon, including my own exfoliating mixture, how often you should exfoliate, etc. stay tuned
- Exercise everyday.. Not only is this good for your physical health, it has really help my mental health as well. Its also good to add discipline in your life to create and extra aspect of structure. My exercise of choice is yoga and daily programs
- Its okay to be selfish. No I’m not telling you to become a brat, but I do think that you need to put yourself first to a certain degree, but I will be touching on that more in a later post
- Take photos of your item tags in the Ikea show room. This may sound silly, but if you’ve ever been to Ikea, this little hack will make it easier for you to locate the items in the warehouse.. it will cut down time if you can get an employee to help you and you already know the isle number and bin number. Trust me they appreciate this too.
- Tooth paste helps with acne.. THIS is one of my biggest beauty secrets and tips to having clear skin, honestly.. just take a pea sized amount of toothpaste and apply it directly to your blemish, beware if its too close to your eyes it will burn. Lol
- A Clean car will keep you in a better mood.. every time we deep clean our car we have a new appreciation for it.
- SELF LOVE IS IMPORTANT.. enough said
- The Power of the Law of Atraction.. if anyone is interested I will do a whole post on this topic, But start off by reading the “secret” by Rhonda Byrne
- Family is Forever– I have been blessed with a family who can go through hell together but still love each other despite our differences. As I get older I am learning to appreciate those differences more and more
- Read.. Reading is good for you because it keeps your mind working, helps you gain knowledge, its said to be that people who read are smarter, and is super relaxing.
- McDonald’s is not a food group.. I use to eat a lot of McDonald’s when I was in high school and now that I’m getting older I realize how truly bad it is for you and your body has to work harder to digest it. Still delicious but also scary to know that you could be eating literally anything in those deep fried nuggets of goodness.
- Quality over Quantity when it comes to friends.. having a tight nit group of friends that care about each other and have your best interests in mind is key. Having people who will call you out on your shit oppose to those who just watch you fail silently.
- There’s a difference between being confident and cocky..
- Always Carry a Lint Roller.. this may seem like a joke but I have a cat and I also wear a lot of black. When l arrive somewhere more times than I like to admit it looks like I brought my cat with me on my clothes. Not cute
- The Show FRIENDS will never get old. Don’t get me wrong I had to re- watch the first few episodes of the show a handful of times before I could get into it, but now I’ve re watched the series 3 times.
- Learn to forgive yourself..
- Who cares what other people think.. This is something that took me a long time to come to terms with. I am a people pleaser which like many of you know is a blessing and a curse.. but by always trying to keep everyone else happy I neglected my own feelings, wants, and desires which lead me to become a very unhappy person. At the end of the day you’re The one who has to live with yourself so WHO CARES.
So there you have it, 22 things I’ve learned in 22 years. If there are any topics you want me to elaborate on, or do a whole post on let me know! Please be sure to share something you’ve learned through out your life in the comment below, I would love to hear our stories and advice 🙂
Thank you guys so much for reading, And as always Comments Questions Concerns Please get at me!